As we continue our study of pH, we need to explore techniques to determine whether a chemical is an acid, a base, or neutral. With yesterday’s Gizmo, students used digital pH paper to measure pH and then watched a video on how to prepare red cabbage indicator solution. Today we will prepare the red cabbage indicator solution that we will use in the lab tomorrow. In addition, students will read Lesson 117 in the textbook and answer exercise questions 1, 2, 3, and 6 in preparation for the Acid and Base Lab Report.
- Read Lesson 117 in the textbook. Login via hs.saplinglearning.com and enter your username and password:
- Username: wahps****s-####### (**** = first 4 letters of your last name and ####### = student number). Remember to include the dash between s and #.
- Password: S-####### (the S must be capitalized)
- Work through the practice problems at the end of Lesson 117.
- Please ask questions about anything from Lesson 117 you do not yet fully understand.
Opportunities For Help Outside of Class:
- Mr. Swart’s office hours: Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays after school until at least 3:00 (later with advanced notice)
- Use the vast number of resources available on this website – check each lesson!
- Email Mr. Swart for help if staying after school is not possible
- Form a study group with other students to review concepts from class
- Attend MASH after school (M/T/Th in Library)
- Attend Math Lab after school (T/Th in Room 124)